Dr. Edward McDonnell
Board Certified Oral Surgeon
Dr. McDonnell has been in private practice in the Akron area for 30 years. He graduated from Case Western Reserve University with honors with a degree in Health Science in Anesthesia and was a Certified Anesthetist for six years prior to Oral Surgery training. He graduated in the top ten of his dental school class and is a member of the Omicron Kappa Epsilon honorary academic fraternity. He completed his Oral Surgery Training at The Ohio State University and won a national award for his research. He has particular interest in Dental Implant Surgery and has placed over 6,000 implants. He has been voted one of Akron‘s top Oral Surgeons eight years in a row by Akron Magazine, Northeast Ohio Magazine and Cleveland Magazine.
University of Akron, B.S., Biology 1972-1976 Cum laude
Case Western Reserve University, B.S., Anesthesia: Health Science 1976-1979
Summa cum laude
Case Western Reserve University, School of Dentistry, D.D.S. 1981-1985
Ohio State University, Master of Science 1985-1989
- Case Western Reserve: Top ten in Dental School Class
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Fraternity 1985
- Mosby Scholarship Book Award
- Walter Lorenz Research Award 1988
- Akron’s Top Dentist-Oral Surgery 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Ohio State University, Residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 1985-1989
- St. Vincent Charity Hospital, Cleveland, OH Anesthetist 1979-1981
- Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital 1981-1985
- Dental: Ohio
- General Anesthesia: Ohio Dental Board
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
Are You in Need of Exceptional Oral Surgery Care?
Dr. McDonnell is ready to provide you with exceptional Oral Surgery services such as dental implant placement, wisdom teeth removal, jaw surgery, and more!
Comparison of Dermal Graft and Dissection in the Rabbit Temporal Mandibular Joint, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1991
- Akron Dental Society
- Councilman (12 yrs.)
- Director of CPR (10 yrs.)
- Greater Cleveland Dental Society
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Ohio Dental Association
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- United Way Torch Club
- Morgan Allison Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Akron Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Group
Patient Review By Jeff C
The staff was very helpful and Dr. McDonnell was extremely helpful. I can't wait to get things moving forward.
- Jeff C
Patient Review By Antonia W
My overall experience at the AOMS office in Norton, Ohio was absolutely fantastic! Dr. McDonnell, and the entire staff did a great job! I would recommend this office to everyone! I got three teeth pulled, and I didn’t feel any pain at all. Dr. McDonnell , and nurses were so comforting, caring, gentle, and so friendly. The AOMS Norton, Ohio office really takes very good care of their patients. They’re the best! Such a wonderful team! Thumbs up, and a round of applause to all of them in the Norton, Ohio office! Fantastic!
- Antonia W
Patient Review By Alicia W
Great experience thank you!
- Alicia W